The promotion of river liners and sea cruises
In 2020, the association Cruise Bordeaux was founded by Bordeaux Métropole, the Department of Gironde and the Large Maritime Port of Bordeaux.
The purpose of the association is as follows:
- Undertake all actions to promote the reception of sea and river cruise liners
on the estuary of the Gironde, the Garonne and the Dordogne.
- Encourage the creation, development and promotion of cruise stopovers, from and to
destination of the Port of Bordeaux for maritime cruises and on the Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde for
the river cruise.
- Contribute to the development and promotion of river walks in the navigation basin.
- Encourage and support the consideration of environmental and societal issues in the
The promotion of boat trips
Throughout the year Gironde Tourisme ensures the promotion of boat trips in conjunction with tourist offices.
Differences actions carried out:
– press reception
– product promotion campaign on social networks
– highlighting river tourism in the seasonal campaigns of Gironde Tourisme (Semaine de la chance and Bon Plan).