THEsoft roaming is a strong ambition of Orientation Document Tourism and Leisure DOTL 2023-2028.
The elected officials of the departments wish to make itinerancy and slow tourism identity markers of the tourist offer.
The orientations and objectives are :
– reinforce the positioning of the Gironde on cycling tourism and hiking in a global vision (itineraries, accommodation and services)
– promote intermodality solutions and promote the emergence of tourist offers with carbon-free mobility train-bus-bike
– reinforce the development of local loops
Le Departmental Plan of Walking and Hiking Routes (PDIPR) is currently being revised in direct connection with the Gironde intermunicipalities. It makes it possible to consolidate or create local loops for hiking, mountain biking or horse riding.
Since 2016, Gironde Tourisme has implemented the program “ The most beautiful walks of Gironde Tourisme » which allows the enhancement of pedestrian routes by highlighting the local heritage.
In recent years, the offer of hiking routes of departmental interest has been reinforced.
– The GR® 6 from Sainte-Foy-la-Grande to the Bassin d'Arcachon
– The GR® Bordeaux Métropole
– The way of Tours of the Ways of Santiago de Compostela – GR® 655
– The way of Vézelay of the Ways of Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle – GR® 654
– The coastal route of the Ways of Santiago de Compostela
– The GRP® Tour of the Bassin d'Arcachon
– The Frankton Memory Route
Finally, from March 2023 will be launched the Path of Amadour between Soulac-sur-Mer and Rocamadour.
Gironde Tourisme has also developed a partnership with the FFHiking Gironde.
It allows, among other things, to work together on the accessibility of the paths to all through the Balades à Roulettes program.