As part of the strategy of sustainable tourism development of the Gironde department, Gironde Tourisme supports the deployment ofEuropean Ecolabel for tourist accommodation as well as NF Environment standard for visiting sites.
Gironde Tourisme wishes to rely on systems or certifications recognized and supported by the Minister of the Environment, Region New Aquitaine and l'ADEME.
- Developing a tourist offer respectful of the environment
- Reduce ecological impact of the tourism sector in Gironde
In the short and medium term:
- Offer Girondin accommodation and tourist sites a support for the implementation of an environmental approach applied to their industry
- Improve skills of the sector in terms of Energy management, thewater and waste
- Promoting environmental commitment tourism professionals and make significant savings (energy + water)
The means :
Gironde Tourisme wishes to offer service providers a overall support.
This support will include:
- Un pre diagnosis : introduction to a sustainable tourism approach, help in choosing an accompaniment,
- Un diagnostic on site by a specialist consultant for Environmental labeling, European Ecolabel or NF environment standard,
- The accompaniment and follow-up of a progress approach,
- A veille and permanent accompaniment by providing a dedicated technical assistant,
- A enhancement of service providers on the social networks and digital tools of Gironde Tourisme.
Collective action supporters and partners:
Gironde Tourism : project leader, player in the qualification of the tourist offer in Gironde
Ademe: participate in support funding and diagnosis for accommodation up to 70%
Testimony of Ecotelia, campsite in Le Nizan having obtained the European Ecolabel certification: Ecotelia
Regional Council : participate in diagnosis funding for visit sites up to 50%
Bordeaux metropolis : ISO 20121 sustainable destination certification pilot territory. Participate in diagnosis funding for visit sites up to 30% and environmental labeling up to 80%
Afnor: training to the repositories, certifier