Funding for the bicycle sector
Aid from ADEME
“DEVELOP CYCLING TOURISM” PROGRAM
As part of the plan Destination France announced in 2021, which aims to make France the world's leading destination for sustainable tourism and cycling by 1, the State has entrusted ADEME with the implementation of the “developing cycle tourism” program with a budget of almost 6,5 million euros.
The actions carried out should contribute to improving the practice of cycle tourism for users, in particular by deploying cycle routes and dedicated services: service area, Accueil Vélo© brand.
Who is this program for?
– Tourist offices
– Hosts and restaurants
- The touristic places
– The river stops located along the waterways of France
– Local authorities or structures representing them
– A structure representing a route committee
Fundable operations are for components 1, 2 and 3 (see below for the type of eligible operations)
Part 1: get referenced by the “Accueil Vélo©” brand
Support the investment effort of tourist offices, tourist attractions et river stops, located 5 km from a route listed in a plan, by the deployment of bicycle parking, with the aim of being referenced by the brand Home Bike©.
Are eligible for part 1 of the program:
– establishments already labeled Accueil Vélo, including tourist offices
Are not eligible for part 1 of the program:
- Establishments that already carry the Accueil Vélo brand
- establishments placed under the direct hierarchical authority of the State
- bicycle rental companies and repairers
- third places
- sports equipment and establishments or fun thermos
- thermal establishments and thalassotherapy centers
- small towns of character, most beautiful villages in France and other tourist locations (Gordes, Locronan, Rochefort en Terre, La Roche Bernard, etc.),
- shopping areas, artisan villages, galleries and souvenir shops near places of visit or pilgrimage (e.g. Lourdes, Vézelay),
- performance halls, cinemas, gaming halls and casinos,
- ephemeral places and traveling events (markets, fairs, shows, festivals, circuses, carnivals, etc.)
- regional natural parks, the “Grands sites de France”, national parks, marine natural parks.
Part 2: Develop service areas
Support the public actors in the creation of service areas along cycle routes.
Part 3: co-finance studies
Support route committees as well as community representatives (e.g. Vélodyssée, Canal des deux Mers à vélo), a group bringing together local authorities and tourist establishments to carry out studies on one of the following three themes:
• Securing existing tracks
• The promotion of itineraries to tourists and professionals
• Prefiguration of new sections
Types of operations eligible for components 1 and 2
- Stream 1
– the arches
– shelters with a roof including free access attachment supports
– storage lockers with or without the possibility of recharging
– individual safety instructions
– collective instructions
– electrical installations allowing the recharging of electrical equipment
- Stream 2
– complete service area
– partial service area
How to submit a file?
The submission of applications takes place in two stages:
• 1st step : https://developper-velotourisme.ademe.fr
After creating an account, four steps are expected:
– Define your type of structure (choice directing you directly to the section(s) of which your type of structure is the target)
– Check your eligibility
– Know the amount of aid that can be mobilized
– Download the CSV file(s) and keep it(s) (Document(s) to be provided in the file to be submitted)
• 2nd step: https://agirpourlatransition.ademe.fr/entreprises/aides-financieres/2022/developper-velotourismeTo finalize the submission of your file. You can also consult the FAQ. For further information, send an email to: email@example.com
THE SUSTAINABLE TOURISM FUND
Who is it for?
The aid is only intended for accommodation providers and restaurateurs located in rural areas, wishing to set up concrete actions for a commitment to ecological transition.
In the case of bicycle projects, it can therefore only be multi-activity projects.
+ of information
The Alvéole Plus program
The device Alvéole More is carried by the Federation of Bicycle Users (FUB), and is part of the Energy Savings Certificates (CEE).
Its objective is to develop the use of bicycles by the end of 2024, by offering the financing of three services:
– The creation of 100 sheltered and secure parking spaces for bicycles
– Support for 2 beneficiaries in defining their parking projects
– The training of 7 users to acquire good reflexes for cycling.
Bicycle shelters [EXAMPLES] and attachment structures [EXAMPLES] are financed up to 40% of the cost excluding VAT of the beneficiary's project and 50% in low emission zones (ZFE).
Additional equipment: inflation stations [EXAMPLES], repair terminals and storage lockers are also eligible only in addition to the purchase of attachment supports, shelters or secure lockers.
Who is the Alvéole Plus device for?
- Public spaces and sites
- Stations and intermodal hubs
– Spaces for bike delivery people
– Private condominiums (mainly residential use)
– Social housing
– Schools and educational institutions
More information on website alveoleplus.fr
The New Aquitaine Region
Who is it for?
– Local authorities and public establishments
– public establishments, EPCIs and local authorities
This aid offered by the Nouvelle Aquitaine region supports public contracting authorities in their cycling development projects.
– consolidate and develop the network of “long distance” cycle routes for European, national and regional issues
– support the construction of infrastructures taking into account the quality of the developments and the continuity of the route
promote the tourism of each route and the establishment of monitoring indicators
Prerequisites: The projects must be located on the routes listed in the regional plan for cycle routes and greenways in New Aquitaine.
The Department of Gironde
The tourism intervention regulations provide for possible aid for EPCIs wishing to develop service areas for bicycles.