AN EXCEPTIONAL NETWORK WANTED BY THE PARTNERS
The network of remarkable sites brings together the 19 of the most emblematic sites in Gironde by their inscription on the list of world heritage by UNESCO, their recognition as a National Monument, or their highlight by the Michelin guide which is a reference. All welcome a significant number of visitors on the basis of an entry fee.
He was born in early 2020 on a suggestion of the actors themselves, within the framework of the Departmental Plan of Tourist Development of the Gironde 2017-2021 carried by the Department of the Gironde. The members unanimously wanted its animation and promotion to be entrusted to Gironde Tourisme.
In the future, this network will be able to welcome new members in compliance with the criteria and values defined collectively.
- Capitalize on an exceptional Girondin heritage (13 sites on the UNESCO World Heritage List, 900 classified and registered sites, 4 national monuments, 8 bastides)
- Make tourists and Girondins “exceptional collectors”
- Federate a “collective of talents” around a common promotion
- Allow to discover hidden facets of each site
- Turn together towards the tourism of tomorrow: improve the reception of visitors, enhance the welcome for all, create new mediation tools, take the environment into account.
- Make each site an ambassador of the heritage that surrounds it (bastides, museums, remarkable villages, mills, natural sites)
THE NETWORK IN FIGURES
A network of 19 sites (managed by 13 partners)
– 6 sites inscribed on the World Heritage List by UNESCO
– 4 national monuments
– 6 sites classified 2 stars and 11 sites classified 1 star by the Michelin Guide
between 10.000 and 400.000 visitors welcomed – 1,5 million cumulative visitors
A plurality of management modes:
– 4 sites managed by private individuals
– 2 sites managed by a foundation
– 9 sites managed by a municipality or a tourist office
– 4 sites managed by the National Monuments
– 1 site managed by a mixed syndicate