In the Tourism and Leisure Orientation Document 2023-2028, the department's elected officials have defined three strategic orientations:
– Pursue the commitment to responsible tourism with a strong declination on ecotourism
– Thinking about tourism accessible to all, with particular attention to the Girondins
– Make roaming and slow tourism identity markers of the tourist offer
The orientations and objectives have been clearly defined: accelerate transitions towards eco-responsible tourism.
In particular, it is a question of proposing to the territories to draw inspiration from the unifying projects carried out by the Regional Natural Parks so that the Department is identified as a major ecotourism destination.
– based on the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism, support voluntary territories to federate private and public initiatives in the field of sustainable tourism
– Encourage the development of offers favoring a better distribution of visitor flows in the territories (local tourism, revitalization of certain sites for the benefit of the decongestion of others threatened by overfrequentation) and over time (distribution of visitor numbers over the year)
– Promote the discovery of natural spaces by relying on a network of departmental and local soft routes
– Strengthen the ecotourism offer based on the experience of Regional Natural Parks
As an introduction to the subject, you can consult the study on " The strategy for the development of ecotourism in Gironde led by Coralie Havart, or watch the webinar dedicated to the subject.