The classification of furnished
Furnished tourist accommodation are furnished villas, apartments or studios, for the exclusive use of the tenant, offered for rental to passing customers who make a stay there characterized by daily, weekly or monthly rental, and who does not take up residence there.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RANKING?
- Display the quality of his accommodation: the customer needs benchmarks.
- Pay less tax: 71% reduction in the micro BIC regime instead of 50% for an unclassified furnished apartment
- Getting paid by holiday vouchers: possibility of being recognized by theNational Association of Holiday Vouchers
- Benefit from better promotion: your offer will be visible on all the sites of the Tourist Offices, Gironde Tourisme and many partners.
HOW TO INFORM ME?
The owner contacts the Tourist Office of his territory or Gironde Tourisme which informs him of the classification criteria (see below), the classification procedure (see below) and the organizations authorized to carry out visits of classification.
The classification bodies are:
- of accredited bodies such as Gironde Tourisme or Gîtes de France Gironde.
- of accredited bodies by the French Accreditation Committee (Cofrac).
THE CLASSIFICATION PROCEDURE
Document: The 8 stages of classification (see below)
Before the visit
During the visit
The visit of the premises takes place by appointment, in the presence of the owner.
The result of the visit is communicated within 30 days by sending a visit report.
After the visit
The owner receives the classification decision, the classified furnished accommodation appears on the Gironde Tourisme website.
The owner must declare your furnished tourist accommodation at the town hall. Within fifteen days following the start of activity, the owner must carry out the declaration of start of activity.
The owner must display the classification of the accommodation with a sign corresponding to the prescriptions contained in the decree of December 22, 2010. A partnership with the company Signaclic allows you to benefit from advantageous rates.