Departure from the car park at the foot of the Romanesque church of Saint-Seurin, listed as a Historic Monument. On the church square stands an elegant cast iron fountain by the architect Auguste Bordes (1847), surmounted by a statue of the Virgin (1856) by the founder Paul. Opposite the southern portal of the church is the Maison des Marchands, which has retained its original XNUMXth century elevation, with its shop on the ground floor. From the Place du Repos, we reach the Tour du Guet, by the street of the same name. This round tower reinforced a corner of the enclosure. Originally pierced with loopholes, replaced by embrasures for small cannons, it still retains its battlements.