With the return of sunny days, here is a great idea for a walk near Bordeaux: the ornithological park of Land of Birds.
Located in the north of the Gironde, Terres d'Oiseaux is easily accessible from the A10 motorway: a welcome stopover on the holiday route! You can bring your picnic and enjoy a breathtaking view of the Gironde Estuary.
Your visit will allow you to observe many wild, migratory and sedentary birds. Whether they are large waders, sparrows or nesting birds, they find refuge, rest and food in this natural space of 116 ha.
A first 360° overview of the site is possible by climbing the panoramic tower (accessible free of charge from the car park). Once through the gates of the park, the team of thethe Tourist Office will give you all the explanations you need to choose one of the four routes: "small steps" (30 mins) designed for families with young children or people with reduced mobility, "first feather" (1h30), "discovery" (2h15) or “Exploration” (3h30).
Depending on the season, 117 species of birds can be observed during your walk: think about your binoculars! To orient yourself and inform you, you will meet on specific sites and at times indicated at the entrance, naturalist guides ready to answer your questions and reveal the secrets of the birds. You can also be accompanied during any visit by booking in advance.
A little hollow at the end of the course? The Tourist Office offers you a tea room in the Metairie, where you will also find many gift ideas and souvenirs with a range of items related to the environment and local crafts. A little extra advice to extend your walk: set off to discover the charming port of the Cextensions in the immediate vicinity.
- From January 15 to February 28: open Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 17 p.m.
- From March 1 to April 30: open every day from 10 a.m. to 18 p.m.
- From May 1 to June 14: open every day from 10 a.m. to 19 p.m.
- From June 15 to September 14: open every day from 10 a.m. to 20 p.m.
- From September 15 to October 30: open every day from 10 a.m. to 18 p.m.
- From November 1 to December 23: open Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 17 p.m.
- Adults € 6
- Under 15 4€
- Free for less than 5 years
Land of Birds –
2 New Possessions
33820 Braud and Saint-Louis
05 57 32 88 80